You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a refund minus the cost of shipping. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). There will be a 10% restocking fee for any new item that we deem unsellable in the returned condition.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can only ship to mailing address in the United States. We do not ship to P.O. boxes or APO addresses.
Product Warranty for the US Market
HKS Co., Ltd. (“HKS”) warrants to the original retail purchaser that the HKS product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original purchase except for:
|HKS Exhaust Systems||Four years after purchase||The warranty period of the metal catalyzers, front pipes, exhaust manifolds, and center pipes are one year after purchase.|
|HKS Turbine kit, Turbocharger Units, and Wastegate Unit||120 days after purchase|
|HKS Clutch Kit||90 days after purchase|
When the product(s) is installed and used properly as instructed in the manual within the warranty period, and any defects in manufacturing are identified, HKS will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts without charge.
The following cases are exceptions (Disclaimers)
- Improper installation and/or misuse.
- Mishandling during shipping, installation, and transfer.
- Service, alteration, modification, and/or repair by anyone other than HKS’ authorized dealers.
- Installing the products to inapplicable vehicles.
- The aging of the material and/or parts such as dirt, scratch, rust, peeling of plating and painting, etc. Rust formed by sea water, snow melting agent, and/or a similar solvent.
- Use with non-HKS products.
- A natural disaster, such as a fire, earthquake, flood, lightening, and/or accident.
- In these cases, even the defect is found within a warranty period, HKS shall not be liable under this warranty. Repairing of the defective parts may be available for a fee.
- When any defect is found within the warranty period under proper use, contact a representative of HKS Co., Ltd. for inspection or repair.
- When making a request for inspection, please describe the defect as fully as possible for the purpose of enabling the cause of defect to be found easily.
- To request the inspection or repair, send us the warranty request form. (A special request form for suspension is available.) Fill in all required items in the form and attach pictures of the defective parts if possible.
- If descriptions of the defect are insufficient, an appropriate inspection result may not be achieved; giving specific descriptions enables us to determine the cause and conduct an accurate inspection.
- When the cause of defect cannot be determined by the warranty request form and pictures, the defective parts are needed to be returned to HKS Co., Ltd.（The delivery expense to Japan must be paid by the customer.)
- The bill of sale or other proof of purchase must be retained to receive warranty service.
- When the defect is caused by the manufacturing process, HKS will repair or replace the product or refund the original purchase cost. (HKS will pay for the cost of repair / shipping to send a replacement.)
- When the cause of defect is not caused by the manufacturing process, the inspection fees and shipping fee to return the inspected product may be charged. The list of inspection fee is provided separately.
- Inspection may take some time before the result is determined.
Number of Days Required Before Shipping a Replacement/Repaired Item after Inspection
|Exhaust||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Suspension||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Intake||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Electronics||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Blow-off||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Cooling||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Turbo||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Supercharger||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Fuel||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Engine||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Powertrain||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Plug/Oil Filter||Approx. 6 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
|Other||Approx. 2 weeks after the arrival in HKS.|
*The number of days shown above is the estimated days to return the inspected item or send a replacement/repaired item after the item for inspection is received by HKS.
*The inspection may take longer depending on the condition(s) and/or information of the item for inspection.
*A repair may take longer than the estimated number of days shown above.
*It may take longer than the estimated number of days shown above when the replacement is not in stock.